PIEAS University Entry Test

The PIEAS (Pakistan Institute of Engineering and Applied Sciences) University entry test is a highly competitive exam designed to assess the aptitude and knowledge of candidates seeking admission to various undergraduate programs.

Entry Test Preparations

Entry Test Preparations

Test Structure

  • Mathematics
  • Physics
  • Chemistry/Computer Science
  • English

Preparation Tips

Understand the Syllabus: Get a detailed syllabus for the PIEAS entry test and focus on the key topics.

Practice Past Papers: Solve past papers to get a sense of the test format and difficulty level.

Time Management: Practice completing sections within the allotted time.

Strengthen Core Concepts: Focus on strengthening your core concepts in mathematics, physics, and chemistry/computer science.

Mock Tests: Take full-length mock tests under timed conditions to build stamina and identify weak areas.

Related: Past Papers


Textbooks: Use your high school textbooks, especially for mathematics and science subjects.

Online Resources: Utilize online platforms offering practice questions and mock tests.

Study Groups: Join or form study groups to discuss and solve difficult problems.

PIEAS University Entry Test

The Pakistan Institute of Engineering and Applied Sciences (PIEAS) is renowned for its rigorous academic programs and the entry test is a crucial step for aspirants wishing to join this prestigious institution. The entry test for PIEAS is designed to assess the aptitude of prospective students in various fields of engineering and applied sciences.

PIEAS University Admissions

For the year 2024, PIEAS has outlined a clear schedule for the admission process. The advertisement for admissions was published on April 21, 2024, and the deadline for online applications was extended to May 31, 2024. This gives students ample time to prepare and submit their applications for the various undergraduate programs offered, including Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Metallurgy & Materials Engineering, Computer Sciences, and Physics.

PIEAS Entry Test

The entry test itself is structured to evaluate the candidate’s knowledge and skills in their respective fields. For Pre-Engineering students, the test comprises 30 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) each in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry, along with 10 MCQs in English. Similarly, tailored patterns exist for Pre-Medical and ICS students, ensuring a fair assessment based on their educational background.

Related: Mock Tests Online

Merit Formula

The selection criteria for PIEAS admissions are merit-based, with the entry test carrying a significant weight of 60%. Matriculation results contribute 15%, and FSC (Part I) results contribute 25% to the overall merit calculation. For O-level/A-level students, 40% of the O-Level equivalence from IBCC is considered.

Entry Test Syllabus

Understanding the test pattern is crucial for success. The test spans three hours and consists of 100 questions without any negative marking. Calculators are permitted, which is a relief for many students as they tackle the challenging questions. The entry test for 2024 is scheduled for June 30, with a second test date on July 21 for those who may miss the first opportunity.

Duration: Typically 3 hours

Type: Multiple-choice questions

Total Questions: Around 100-150 questions

Subjects Breakdown

  • Mathematics: Algebra, calculus, geometry, trigonometry, etc.
  • Physics: Mechanics, electricity and magnetism, thermodynamics, optics, etc.
  • Chemistry: Organic, inorganic, physical chemistry.
  • Computer Science: Basic programming, algorithms, data structures (if applicable to your program).
  • English: Comprehension, vocabulary, grammar.

Test Centers

Test centers are strategically located across Pakistan, including Islamabad, Gilgit, Karachi, Lahore, Multan, Quetta, Peshawar, Sargodha, Sukkar, and Faisalabad, making it accessible for students from various regions to participate in the entry test.

For those looking to practice and prepare, past papers and online tests are available at the PakLearningSpot website, providing a valuable resource for students to familiarize themselves with the test format and question types.

For Entry Test Preparations must Visit the PakLearningSpot website to get FREE Past papers, Mock tests and practice MCQs.



Open chat
Salam 👋
Can we help you?